What To Do If You Have Been Injured on the Job

Workplace Injury Lawyer in Laurel, Mississippi

Helping You Know What to Do When You Have Been Hurt at Work

If you have been hurt in the workplace, you may understand that you can file for benefits under the Mississippi workers' compensation laws, but you may have no idea how to do that or what other rights and responsibilities you have. This page is designed to provide you with important information on the steps to take to protect your right to compensation after a job-related injury.

Kyle Robertson has focused on workers' compensation law the entire 16 years he has been in practice. At Kyle Robertson, PLLC, our first priority is to ensure that your needs are met. To accomplish this objective, we strive to make ourselves available and accessible whenever you need to talk with us. We stress Christian values in our office, making certain we treat everyone with the utmost integrity and honesty.

To schedule a free initial consultation, contact our office or call us at 601-301-2349.

When You Have Been Injured on the Job

  • Immediately report your injury to your employer

The Mississippi Workers' Compensation Act requires that you notify your employer of your injury. It does not matter how insignificant you believe your injury to be. It is extremely important that you notify your supervisor and fill out an accident report. If you have not yet reported your injury, do so as soon as possible.

  • Contact an experienced workers' compensation attorney

The course of action you take from the beginning of your workers' compensation claim is extremely important. You have the right to choose the physician that will treat your injury. Alternatively, you can accept treatment from the doctor provided by your employer and its insurance company. This decision can be critical to your claim and well-being. Let us help you make the right decision.

Contact Us

At the office of Kyle Robertson, PLLC, Attorney at Law, we provide a free initial consultation to individuals who have workers' compensation claims. To set up an appointment, contact our office or call us at 601-301-2349.